I love going to the gym for the following reasons (in no particular order):
1. The gym is where I get my nice hot shower. They even provide free body wash!
2. If I talk to the ladies there, they are usually surprisingly friendly.
3. I can burn 300 calories if I sit on the recumbant bike for a while. I can even read while I’m riding, if I want to.
4. A workout and a shower is a good time killer and helps me break my internet addiction.
5. Facing my fears about the gym is helping me realize I can face some of my other fears.
6. Riding the bike helps my leg which gets sore sometimes. It seems to loosen up my muscles or something.
7. Cute Boys!
Ok, so I’m not totally in love with going to the gym (and actually working out) yet but for the last few days I have been reminding myself of all the pluses of going there regularly. To be honest, I’ve actually been saying these things out loud to myself while I’m driving to the gym, in order to get myself psyched up! It kinda works too!
Just don’t tell the authorities that I’ve been talking to myself out loud. I don’t want them to put me away!