Wish I had the wherewithal to do this.
I think you need an income that isn’t dependent on living near people to do this. I also would want a partner because two heads are better than one.
Ryu asked about how to pick a sleepspot a while back and I had a nice reply going but hit the wrong button and lost it all so here’s a bullet point list of what I do.
- Choose a low-crime area to “live” in
- Choose a residential area to sleep in which is neither too rich or two poor
- Get your hygeine, phone calls etc. done BEFORE driving to your sleep spot. Doing anything except laying down to sleep in your sleep spot is not smart. It attracts too much attention.
- Trouble sleeping? Go to bed later when you’re exhausted or listen to podcasts on your phone to bore yourself into going to sleep.
- Move your car or van frequently. In my town you aren’t even allowed to have your vehicle in the same spot on the street for more that 48 hours (you might get ticketed) so I keep this in mind. I used to change every night but now, if I like a spot I will stay two nights.
Hope that helps everyone. Have a nice day!